Education and Experiences
- Undergraduate student for B.S. in Computer Science at University of Rochester. (2018-current)
- Internship at Beijing Zhinuo Law Firm as lawyer’s assistant and translator. (2018)
- IB Diploma graduate at International School of Beijing. (2013-2018)
- Proficiency with OOP and data structures with Java and Python.
- Experience with SQL, HTML/CSS, JQuery, PHP.
- System administration experience with Linux and Hackintosh.
- Fluent in English, Korean, and Mandarin with legal translation experience.
- Jeewoong Chang. 2020. Personal blog at https://jwpedia.com
This website is built with Jekyll and hosted on Github Pages. Prior knowledge of various technologies such as HTML and Markdown/YAML, git, web hosting and DNS resolving, and bash shell were employed. This project served as a learning process for elementary Ruby.
A now-obsolte prototype was built with PHP, MySQL and Apache. The most primitive version written in plain HTML and CSS can be found on Github.
- Jeewoong Chang. 2017. Statistical Evaluation of CCG Cards: To what extent does ordinary least squares regression accurately assess the true mana cost of Hearthstone cards in a randomly drafted format? IB Mathematics Extended Essay.
A popular card game Hearthstone was analyzed as part of IB Diploma curriculum’s independent research requirement. Ellie Burzstein’s method of card evaluation through ordinary linear squares regression was applied. This principle of OLS regression was demonstrated in 2D and n-dimensional cases with calculus and linear algebra. Then, the method was applied to updated card pool and statistically analyzed against an empirical index. Consequently, possible sources of error and potential solutions were proposed. Through iterative improvements of the base model, R2 value was increased from 0.047 to 0.091. Finally, this result was compared with proprietary algorithms.